Now LG Optimus S users have something to cheer up as we bought an interesting news that this device is ready to be updated with the latest Official Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware. Today we would be checking out the same in the due course of article and also we want make all our readers aware this is an official update by LG electronics and also comes with several improvements. So, let’s see the procedure but before that you need to be aware about the pre-requisites so as to apply this update safely and firmly.
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to UpdateLG Optimus S LS670 with Offihcial Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware
Firstly make sure that the device on which you are accommodating this update is LG Optimus and not any other device by LG or any other company.
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to Update
LG Optimus S LS670 with Offihcial Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware
Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully –
- Firstly go to Home Screen and then navigate to Menu<Settings<About Phone.
- Select System updates and then you will find that the phone would check for updates.
- Make sure that you have active data connection or an active Wi-fi connection so that it would download the OTA update which would Gingerbread 2.3 firmware.
- Now it is an easy task as you just need to follow the screen instructions and after sometime your update would complete downloading.
- After which, you would see a message saying “Your device is up to date” and your device would b updated successfully. Now you have to restart your phone.
- Now you can check whether Gingerbread 2.3 is updated on your device or not by navigating to – Settings<About Phone<Firmware Version and here it should display as Gingerbread 2.3 firmware and that means that your device is successfully updated and if it is not shown then you need to follow the above instructions again.
So, you have applied successfully this update i.e. Gingerbread 2.3 firmware on your device LG Optimus LS670. Well, if you have any issues regarding the same, then do let us know via comments.
- Procedure to Update Official DDLB1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Ace Plus S57500
- How to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWLC2 Firmware
Filed in: LG