Today we would be sharing another cool update for Nexus users which is been dubbed as Android’s ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. And we would be seeing an easy tutorial for the same in due course of this post. Well, this is to notify that this isn’t an official update and we even do not have any ETA on when there will be an official update but we would share with all our blog readers if there is any official ICS 4.0.4 update to the soonest. Till then, Nexus S users can apply this update as it has some new features like High-performance battery, fixed camera issues, faster performance, etc.
How to Update Nexus S with Offiical IMM76D Build ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to Update Nexus S with Offiical IMM76D Build ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to Update Nexus S with Offiical IMM76D Build ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Firstly Download the ICS 4.0.4 Package.
- Now copy the files you downloaded to your memory card.
- Now disconnect your mobile device from your computer by removing the USB cable
- Turn off your mobile device now as now it needs to be entered in boot ladder mode.
- To enter into boot ladder mode in Nexus S , Press Volume Up+power button to turn on into boot ladder mode.
- Now select recovery and press the power button to enter the same and you will see a warning message.
- Press the Power button and Press the Volume up button to apply update from SD card.
- Now finally select the ZIP file that you had download and inserted in your memory card earlier and install it on your mobile device.
- Congrats! You are done with the installation.
You have now successfully applied the update of ICS 4.0.4 Firmware in your Nexus S phone. If you have any issues or doubts regarding the same, then do let us know via comments.
- How to Update Nexus S 4G with Official ICS 4.0.4 IMM76 Build Firmware
- Steps to Install Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0.4 ICS using Odin Flashing Tool
Filed in: Samsung