Well, HTC Droid Incredible is a features smartphone since it is released from the house of HTC. here in this article we will see an easy tutorial to update HTC Droid Incredible to Android ICS 4.0.3 and before that, we would see the pre-requisites to apply this update safely and firmly. In this article, we will be using the help of Cyanogen Mod 9, though it’s not an official ROM it’s a trusted one.
How to update HTC Droid Incredible to Android ICS 4.0.3
Pre-requisites to update HTC Droid Incredible to Android ICS 4.0.
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to update HTC Droid Incredible to Android ICS 4.0.3
Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully –
- First you need to download the Cyanogen Mod9 firmware pack and the Google Apps Pack from here directly on to your PC.
- Next, you need to connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and move the files which you have downloaded to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect the HTC Droid Incredible 2 USB cable once the transfer of file is done and turn it off as you have to boot it into recovery mode. For Droid Incredible 2, you can get the device in recovery mode by pressing the volume down button + power button for few seconds simultaneously until you see the recovery menu screen.
- Once you are there in the recovery mode, you must select the option ‘install zip from sd card’ and then choose the zip file from sd card and finally navigate to the folder where the package is located. Select the download ICS pack.
- Once that is completed, the device will return to the recovery screen and now repeat the process to select the Google Apps pack now.
- Once that is done, you will be again back to the recovery screen.
- In the recovery screen you need to select ++++Go Back++++ and then finally choose the option of ‘reboot system now’ to restart your phone.
- Within some time your phone will boot in normal mode and you will see the Ice Cream Sandwich on your phone as well. If the phone doesn’t restart in 3 to 5 minutes, then remove the battery and re insert it back and check back now.
So, you have applied this update successfully to your device which is HTC Droid Incredible. Well, if you have any issues regarding the same, then do let us know via comments.
- How to Update HTC Droid Incredible with Abduction ICS 4.0.3 Custom ROM Firmware
- How to Update HTC Thunderbolt with KillaSense 3.7 Custom ROM Firmware
Filed in: HTC