Galaxy W GT I8150 Users can get ready to update their mobile devices with the latest firmwares and this is an interesting news for them as in the due course of article we would be checking out an easy tutorial to update Galaxy W GT I8150 with the latest firmware of so called value pack Gingerbread XXLM6 2.3.6 update. Well, this update is officially released in select countries and even we have no ETA on when it will be pushed by KIES.
How to Update Galaxy W GT I8150 with Value Pack XXLM6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy W GT I8150 with Value Pack XXLM6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to to Update Galaxy W GT I8150 with Value Pack XXLM6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
- Download XXLM6 Firmware Update from here to your computer
- After downloading it, extract the ZIP file and you will have a folder with the Name Odin in it. Open that Odin in your Computer and after that, switch off your phone so that your phone can enter the download mode.
- To enter the download mode, hold Volume UP + Volume DOWN at the same time and then press the power button.
- After that, your phone will show a green robot which means your phone has entered Download mode.
- To confirm download mode, press Volume Up.
- As your device gets into download mode, connect your mobile to your computer with USB cable and make sure that ODIN is opened in your computer.
- Now you will see that ID:COM section is turned yellow.
If ID:COM does not turns yellow, then you need to make sure that your USB drivers are installed on your computer. Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- After this, in Odin you will have to select the corresponding options as mentioned below.
- OPS – Ancora.ops
- Click on “One Package” option
- One Package – I8150XXLM6_I8150OXXLC1_I8150XXLM6_HOME.tar.md5
- Now click Start to start the process of Firmware update.
- Now just wait for 5-6 minutes as it would take some time in completing the firmware update process.
- After sometime you would see the home screen on your phone, just disconnect your phone and turn it off so that you ca go to recovery mode.
- To enter the recovery mode Press Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power button.
- After you get into recovery mode,select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Note: While applying the process of this firmware update, if the process gets stopped, then just restart the process from the start by re-inserting your battery.
So, guys! You are done with the process and you have applied the firmware on your mobile device i.e. Galaxy W GT I8150 . If you have any issues or doubts regarding the same, then do let us know via comments.
Filed in: Samsung