For all Galaxy S2 I9100 users who have been waiting for a new update since long, now the wait is finally over as the all new custom ROM firmware is recently released and in the due course of article, we would be checking out a tutorial on How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Batista70 FOXHOUND Custom ROM Firmware. Also readers need to be aware that this isn’t an officialfirmware released by Samsung Electronics. Before applying this update, you need to make sure that the device is rooted and once the device gets rooted, the warranty gets void. The only way to reclaim the warranty is by re-applying the update of XWLP3 by following the corresponding instructions.
Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Batista70 FOXHOUND Custom ROM Firmware
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Batista70 FOXHOUND Custom ROM Firmware
- These steps that we are giving are only for the Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to your device or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they will clutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Batista70 FOXHOUND Custom ROM Firmware
- Before proceeding further, you need to ensure that you are on the latest and rooted ICS 4.0.3 XWLP3 firmware. If you are not on a rooted firmware, you need to update and root the same.
- Download Fox Hound Custom ROM along with the Add on Firmware Package from here directly to your computer. After downloading this ZIP package, connect your phone to the computer with the original USB cable and place the zip file in your phone’s SD card.
- Now you need disconnect your phone from the PC by removing the USB Cable and turn it off so that we can enter it into recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in this device can be entered by pressing Volume up button+ Home key button. And then while holding both the buttons, you need to turn on your device. After entering into recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data factory reset” and after that “Wipe Cache Partition” and as such, it would clear the cache.
- After your device gets into recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” and then select “choose zip from SD card”, Now you have select the Batista70 FOXHOUND Custom ROMfirmware ZIP package and wait for few minutes to wait for the update to get complete. After that, select the Add on ZIP package and update process would complete in few minutes and once it gets completed, it will land again to the recovery screen.
- Now both the files have been successfully applied, In the recovery screen, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then option of “reboot system now” to restart your phone.
- So, congrats, you are done with applying this update.
You have successfully applied the update of Batista70 FOXHOUND custom ROM firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100. If you have any issues or doubts regarding the same, then do let us know via comments.
Filed in: Samsung