If you are a Galaxy Nexus user, then you have something to cheer up as today we would be sharing an easy tutorial to update your mobile device with the newly released Android 4.0.4 ICS. This ROM has been developed by XDA developer named chainfire who is already known for developing ROMs and in due course of article, we would be checking out a tutorial for the same along with detailed pre-requisites so that we can apply this update safely.
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to Install Android 4.0.4 ICS on Your Galaxy Nexus using Odin Flashing Tool
- hese steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to Install Android 4.0.4 ICS on Your Galaxy Nexus using Odin Flashing Tool
- Extract that Odin file.
- Switch off your galaxy Nexus so that we can enter it into Download mode. To enter into download mode in this device you need to press Volume Down+ Power button and you will see that your phone will boot into download mode.
- Open the Odin Flashing tool on your PC.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and next, in the Odin window, click on PDA tab and select CF_YAKJU_IMM76D_full.tar” which you had downloaded in Step 1.
- Now click on Start on the Odin window and it would take few minutes to complete the process and when it’s done, it would show “Pass” message as it’s done.
You have successfully Installed Android 4.0.4 ICS on Your Galaxy Nexus using Odin Flashing Tool. If you have any issues or doubts regarding the same, then do let us know via comments.
No related posts.
Filed in: Samsung
About the Author (Author Profile)Lokesh Chauhan a 14 yr old guy,School student, android lover who loves to Posts about android ,android custom roms and android Frimware & In a relationship with his Laptop.
Sites That Link to this Post
- makan gemblong | June 22, 2012