All Galaxy Ace S5830 users have an interesting news ad they need to cheer up as they can now update their mobile device with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 6 firmware. Earlier in the Beta 4 firmware, there were several issues with it and problems too. But in this update, all such issues have been reported and fixed even. Also this a beta update and isn’t an official update by Samsung Electronics. In due course of article, we would be checking out a tutorial for the same.
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error..
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 6 Firmware
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 6 Firmware
- Download the ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware Package (Click on “Download” > Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 > “Releases” tab > Download File named as “Beta 6 for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 (1 Apr 2012) from here to your computer.
- After downloading, connect your phone to the computer with the Original USB cable and place the downloaded ZIP package to your phone’s SD card. After you placed the file, remove the phone from the computer by disconnecting the USB cable and turn off your phone so that it can be entered into recovery mode.
- To enter recovery mode, hold menu button and then power on the device and if the device turn on in normal mode, then try again.
- Now your device would get updated within few minutes and once it gets completed successfully, you would be landed back to the Recovery Mode and on the recovery screen, you need to select ++++Go Back++++ and then finally choose the option of ‘reboot system now’ to restart your phone.
- Now you’re done!!
- Now in the recovery mode, you have to choose ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and here you have to choose the Cyanogen MOD 9 firmware ZIP package which is placed in your phone you downloaded earlier.
So, you have updated your phone Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 6 Firmware. And if you have any issues regarding the same, do let us know via comments.
- How to install Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with ICS Stock V2 Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM
- Steps to Update ICS 4.0.3 Beta 0.5.3 Custom ROM Firmware on HTC Desire
Filed in: Samsung