Now if you are a Galaxy Ace S5830 user, then you need to cheer up as your device got ICS based Custom ROM firmware which is the Cyanogen MOD 9 based firmware. Also, this is the Beta 7 version which has fixed issues and bugs. Also, this isn’t an official update by Samsung Electronics and neither we have any ETA on when would be an official update. In due course of article, we would be checking out a tutorial for the same along with detailed pre-requisites.
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to Update CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 7 Firmware on Galaxy ACE S5830
- These steps that we are giving are only for the htc one x you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to your device or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they will clutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computer or laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to Update CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 7 Firmware on Galaxy ACE S5830
- Download the ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware Package (Click on “Download” > Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 > “Releases” tab > Download File named as “Beta 7 for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 (1 Apr 2012) “) from here to your computer.. After downloading this ZIP package, connect your phone to the computer with the original USB cable and place the zip file in your phone’s SD card.
- Now you need disconnect your phone from the PC by removing the USB Cable and turn it off so that we can enter it into recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in this device can be entered by pressing Volume Down button+ Power button till you see the recovery mode screen on your phone.
- After your device gets into recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” and then select “choose zip from SD card”, Now you have select the Cyanogen Mod 9 Custom ROM firmware package which you had placed in your device earlier.
- Well, the update process would complete in few minutes and once it gets completed, it will land again to the recovery screen.
- In the recovery screen, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then option of “reboot system now” to restart your phone.
- So, congrats, you are done with applying this update.
You have successfully updated Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 7 Firmware.
- How to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 6 Firmware
- How to install Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with ICS Stock V2 Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM
- Procedure to Update Official DDLB1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Ace Plus S57500
Filed in: Samsung