HTC One X – another awesome android Smartphone from the house of HTC which was recently launched on March 30, we got to know an easy tutorial on How to root HTC X with SuperBoot. And we want to make aware our readers that this is a temporary root method. The device would be unrooted on restarting the smartphone. But before going further for the rooting process, let us take a look at the pre-requisites to apply thiis update safely and firmly.
Pre-requisites to Root HTC One X with SuperBoot
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to Root HTC One X with SuperBoot
We are sure that this steps would work but still if any problems,issues,damage,bricks take place to your device, then we do not take any responsibility for that. So, try this at your own risk.
- First of all, download the Superboot ZIP file from here
- Put your device in bootloader mode – Turn off the phone then turn on with the ‘volume down’ button pressed to enter the bootloader
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file into an empty folder
- If you’re on Windows – double click ‘install-superboot-windows.bat‘ file
- If you’re on Mac – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh‘ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh‘
- If you are on Linux – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh‘ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh‘
- Wait for the root procedure to complete
- That’s it, you’ve successfully rooted your HTC One X!
You are done with rooting your HTC One X !!
Filed in: HTC