So, modified to the newest Ice Lotion Food Operating system 4.0 firmware, XWLPD, on your Universe S2? Now main it and set up ClockworkMod restoration on it using CF-Root kernel from the never-sleeping XDA High level Acknowledged Designer Chainfire. Cheering allows entry to root-enabled applications and features, while CWM restoration allows you set up customized ROMs on it, so both of them are a must if you are a energy individual.
Keep examining on to find out how you can principal and set up ClockworkMod restoration on the XWLPD Operating system 4.0 firmware on your Universe S2.
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
- These steps that we are giving are only for the Samsung Fascinate you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to your device or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they will clutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computer or laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
How to Root XWLPD Firmware on Galaxy S2 i9100
- It’s important you’ve the proper drivers for the phone installed. If you have installed Samsung’s Kies software, you already have the drivers, so download them only if you haven’t installed Kies.
Download links: 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows
- Make sure you are on the XWLPD Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware available → here.
- Download CF-Root kernel from the official download page → here.
- Unzip the downloaded file once. You will get a .tar file – CF-Root-SGS2_XX_NEE_LPD-v5.4-CWM5.tar.
DO NOT extract the .tar file (this might show up as a zip file as well, but do not extract it). You need to flash the .tar file using Odin to gain root access and install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) alongside. (If you’re getting a zImage file, it means you’ve extracted the .tar file too! — and that’s not a right thing to do.)
- Download Odin 1.85 from → here.
Filename: Odin 1.85.zip | Size: 199 KB
- Extract the contents of the Odin 1.85.zip file to a folder.
- Disconnect your phone if it’s connected to PC, then switch it off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S2 in Download Mode — press and hold these keys together: Volume Down + Home + Power. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up key to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Open Odin — double-click the Odin3 v1.85.exe that you got after extracting the file Odin 1.85.zip.
- In ODIN, click on the PDA button, then select the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_NEE_LPD-v5.4-CWM5.tar file obtained in step 4.
- Important! Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required files as given in step 10. Leave all other options as they are.
- Connect your phone to PC now. You should get the message “Added!” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
If you don’t get this message, then probably there is a problem with drivers. Make sure you’ve proper drivers installed (check step 1). Also, uninstall Kies from the Control Panel as well (this will leave the drivers on the computer but remove Kies which can interfere with the procedure).
- Now, hit the START button to start flashing of XWLPD on your Galaxy S2. When the flashing is complete, your phone will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
IMPORTANT Note: If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, disconnect the phone from the PC, close ODIN, remove battery, re-insert it, turn phone on in Download mode again, and do the procedure again from Step 9.
- If you run into any roadblocks while flashing the kernel, let us know and we’ll help you out.
Your phone is now rooted and CWM recovery has been installed on it, with CF-Root kernel. Using all those favourite root-enabled apps of yours is now possible. Enjoy!
Filed in: Samsung