Today we come with another ROM to share with all our dear readers as recently XDA developer RaverX3X has come up with the ICS Megamix ROM, which brings along some cool features. Make sure that you apply this update only on Galaxy S2, model number SGH-T989 ,So do not try this ROM on any other device. Also this ROM is based on a leaked firmware, so you may face several bugs while using it. So let us take a look at an easy tutorial to update your mobile device but before that take a look at the pre-requisites.
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to to Install ICS Megamix ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S2
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Steps to Install ICS Megamix ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S2
- First you need to download the ROM from the original development page on to your PC.
- Next, you need to connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and move the files which you have downloaded to your SD card.
- Disconnect the phone’s USB cable once the transfer of file is done and turn it off as you have to boot it into CWM Recovery. For this phone, CWM recovery can be accessed by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In the CWM recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ROM Firmware Package which is placed in the phone you downloaded earlier.
- In the recovery screen you need to select ++++Go Back++++ and then finally choose the option of ‘reboot system now’ to restart your phone.
- As soon as the phone is rebooted, you are done with installing the firmware.
So, you are done with installing ICS Megamix 4.0.3 ROM with the 14 Notification Bar Toggles mod on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2. If you have any issues regarding the same, do let us know via comments.
- How to Install ICS Megamix ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S2
- Steps to install Dark Night Custom ROM ICS 4.0.4 Firmware on Galaxy S GT I9000
- Steps to Install Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0.4 ICS using Odin Flashing Tool
Filed in: Samsung