Now after a bunch of cool updates for Samsung S GT 19000, today users of Samsung S GT I9000 can cheer up as they have an exciting news that now there is a new update of Custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as DARK Night ICS 4.0.4 and the best part is that this update has many new features and is more stable then the previous updates. Also we want to make our readers aware that this is not an official update by Samsung neither we have any ETA on when there would be an official update. Now we would also take a look at the pre-requisites to apply this update safely and firmly.
Disclaimer: This is to inform all the readers of this post that Nor the developer nor the website owner nor the person who has posted this article will not be responsible if your device or mobile get bricked during this installation update we do not bear any responsibility but we will try our level best to rectify your error.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Dark Night Custom ROM ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- These steps that we are giving are only for Samsung Galaxy S2 you cannot use these steps on any other device, if you will use then your device or mobile will get bricked.
- The first thing you have to make sure is that your phone has to be charged at least 80 to 85% before you are doing this update or installation otherwise your phone will switch off in between the installation or this update and this can cause a serious harm to yourdevice or mobile
- The second thing you have to make sure is to take a backup of all files, music, videos, photos, apps, call log, messages etc. in short take up the back up of whole Micro SD card.
- The third thing you have to make sure is to make a tick on enable USB Debugging on your Device or Mobile. If you don’t know how to Enable the USB Debugging follow these simple steps- Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging by following these steps your USB debugging would get enable.
- The fourth thing you have to make sure is to disable all the antivirus and kies because they willclutter in this installation or update.
- The fifth thing you have to make sure is all required drivers has to installed on your computeror laptop.
- By doing these five requirements correctly you can go-ahead for the steps to install or update your device.
Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully –
- First you need to download the ICS Dark Night Custom ROM Firmware from here directly on to your PC.
- Next, you need to connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC and move the files which you have downloaded to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect the Galaxy S GT I9000 USB cable once the transfer of file is done and turn it off as you have to boot it into recovery mode. For Galaxy S GT I9000, you can get the device in recovery mode by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS Dark Night Custom ROM Firmware Package which is placed in the phone you downloaded earlier.
- In the recovery screen you need to select ++++Go Back++++ and then finally choose the option of ‘reboot system now’ to restart your phone.
- As soon as the phone is rebooted, you are on with update of ICS Dark Night Custom ROM Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
So, you have applied successfully this update of ICS Dark Night Custom ROM Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone. Well, if you have any issues regarding the same, then do let us know via comments.
- How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Orange Amestris v7.3 ROM Custom Firmware
- Steps to Install Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0.4 ICS using Odin Flashing Tool
Filed in: Samsung