The Galaxy S3 TouchWiz launcher was recentlyported to the Galaxy S (and the Galaxy S2 and theGalaxy Nexus as well). Well, it turns out that the launcher is also working on the Sony Xperia Arc and the Arc S, according to XDA Senior Member datagubben, who decided to try it on his Xperia Arc and found out that it works very well. Since it works on the Arc/Arc S, it might work on other Sony phones as well.
However, the Galaxy S3 Launcher is only for Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4.0 based ROMs, so you’ll need to have an Android 4.0 based ROM installed on your Xperia Arc/Arc S. Also, it may not work on all ROMs, but you’ll need to try it out to check whether it works on the ROM installed on your phone.
Let’s look at how the Galaxy S3 TouchWiz launcher can be installed on your Xperia Arc/Arc S.
How to Install Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher on Xperia Arc/Arc S ICS ROMs
- Make sure your phone is running on an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. It might not work on all ROMs, but do try it out as it won’t create any problems even if it doesn’t. You will also need ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Download the Launcher package from → here. You’ll get a .zip file after downloading.
- Copy this downloaded .zip file to the SD card on your phone.
- Turn off the phone, then boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, turn on the phone. Then, when the blue LED lights up, start pressing the back button on the phone continuously to enter CWM recovery.
In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Home button to select items.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the launcher’s .zip file on the sdcard (that you copied in step 3) and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next screen.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
The Galaxy S3 TouchWiz Launcher is now installed on your Sony Xperia Arc/Arc S. Do try it and let us know in the comments whether it works on the ROM installed on your phone, and whether you like it or not.
- How to Update Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo with Official Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Firmware
- Tutorial to update Android 4.0.3 CM9 custom ROM for Xperia X8, X10 Mini and X10 Mini pro
Filed in: Samsung